Fall is here, and it’s time to break out the crockpot for stews and other hearty meals! Try this Recipe: Flavorful Fall Crockpot Quinoa with Veggies!
1-1/2 cups Quinoa
1 tsp olive oil
3 cups Broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can sweet corn (half drained)
1 small bag of baby carrots (diced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 small onion (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1/2 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/2 tsp Goya Sazonador Total (or simply basil)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cilantro
*optional toppings per serving:
Sweet Italian chicken sausages
Spring roll sauce
1. Combine quinoa and broth in crock pot
2. Add olive oil to coat
3. Stir in all veggies, beans, pepper, garlic, all seasonings except cilantro
4. Cook and cover for 4-6 hours on low (2-4 hours on high)
(If eating vegan, skip to step 8)
5. Just before ready, slice chicken sausage longitudinally and lay flat on a baking sheet, broil for 5-7 minutes (turning over half-way through) until browned. Or pan fry til browned.
6. Drain sausage on a paper towel and cut into pieces.
7. Serve quinoa with sausage atop.
8. Drizzle with spring roll sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.
Enjoy this quick, hearty, healthy meal!
~Daily Dose of D’s~
Don’t forget to subscribe, enter your email address below!
Click “MENU” above to read other posts in different categories!