Monday is the dreaded day of the week but you can change that!
Make it the great start of your week and keep a plan…a sort of ritual.
As an example try to follow this plan
- Wake up early
- If you cannot make it to the gym, no worries, do some cardio at home, or lift some weights, try to do at least a half hour worth
- Shower and dressed
- Next, something healthy of breakfast, fruit and oatmeal should give you energy
That is the first part of your day, now you are ready to get on the road
- Podcast on- Chris Guillebeau from Side Hustle School educates me as drive and listen to his voice
- At your desk, if you have not made your task list for the day, do it before you open emails? You should have work section and a personal section
- Next, it is emails first, prioritize the ones to answer. Emails that may need more attention maybe highlighted with a flag. Send a quick note to the sender confirming that you received their email and you will be replying soon- Good work etiquette
- Keep your task list handy to cross off items as you get them done throughout the day
Sometimes you can feel glued to your desk, make it a habit to get up and move around every hour. Stand up and stretch, get some good oxygen into those lungs!
- After lunch your list should be looking pretty much completed, make sure to add new items for the next day
- I use my afternoons to make follow up calls
- If you have meetings planned, make sure you have your notes ready and be on time
Your day should end on a good note knowing that you did your best and you worked against any procrastination or frustration. Head home for a relaxing evening, maybe continue your personal items, side hustle ideas, meetup group updates, dinner….the list goes on.
Happy Monday ALL